As a small business owner, knowing what your competition is up to is a big deal. What are other pros like you charging? How many reviews do they have? Which jobs are you competing on and when are other pros winning? Now on Thumbtack, it’s never been easier to see how you stack up.
Thumbtack’s pro Insights report is a window into your market—your go-to resource for growing and perfecting your business. Here’s how to use of your Insights report to better understand what’s happening in your area.
Track Your Jobs
Whether you’re sending out quotes or Thumbtack is doing that work for you, Thumbtack makes it possible to track your jobs each step of the way. If you’re curious whether a customer has seen your quote or who ended up taking the job, there are a few ways to check.
- If you want to review quotes sent using Instant Match: Go to the Quotes tab and look for the lightning bolt icon next to your quotes in progress.
- If you want to review quotes you sent yourself: Compare your price to what other pros charge by opening a sent quote and clicking View Insights.
Pros say: “My pro Insights help me understand why I didn’t get hired. Did someone else quote faster? Were they cheaper?” —Music instructor, Matthew Kass
Review Your Weekly Summary
Your weekly Insights report gives you a bird’s eye view of how you measure up against other pros in your market. There are two ways to check your weekly performance, in your Instant Match settings or by checking your weekly summary email every Friday.
Your summary helps you track:
- Activity in your market: Insights helps you check the number of requests and active pros in your local market over the last 90 days.
- Reviews and ratings: You can size up the competition by checking the average rating and number of reviews for pros in your market.
- Response time: See how quickly your competition responds to customers and adjust accordingly.
- Example profiles: Insights show you profiles of the most successful pros in your market.
Pros say: “We use the weekly report to help refine and tweak our approach using Thumbtack. It gives us a lot of data on what works and how to be successful.” —Accountant, JR Gramstad
Adjust Your Service Settings
Your Thumbtack settings determine the kinds of customers who will contact you—from where they live and what they want to pay, to what services they’re looking for. The more you learn about your business, the better you’ll be able to dial into the customers you want.
As you track your performance with pro Insights, consider adjusting your preferences on Thumbtack, including:
- Travel preferences: Do most of your jobs come from one part of town? Are a lot of customers asking that you travel to them? Adjust your travel settings to match those learnings.
- Job preferences: Pick as many or as few service areas as fit your business and customers.
- Business hours: Have your weekends been slow? Are you only available in the afternoon? Adjust your business hours to match.
If you’re using Instant Match, there are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Budget: Is your schedule packed for the month? You might decrease your budget to connect with only a couple new customers. Looking for more? Increase your budget and let the customers roll in.
- Prices: Pick a price for each of your services, including add-ons, and adjust them as needed.
Pros say: “When I look at my Insights report I can see how I am doing compared to other pros, and adjust accordingly. That includes price, reviews and ratings. For example, I don’t want to be the lowest but I want to be on the lowest edge.” —House Cleaner, Anna Pfenninger
Want more? Check out these seasonal tips for winning more business this spring.