Is Instant Match turned on, but you’re not hearing from customers?
Keep in mind that customers can get matched with multiple pros. To decide which pro to hire, the customer looks at the price estimate and profile of each pro. If they have any questions or want to move forward, they’ll send you a message.
To get hired, do your best to stand out from other pros. Here are four suggestions.
Improve your profile.
Creating a great profile takes time, but it’s worth it. Your profile helps customers decide if you’re the right pro for the job. Show them who you are in your “About” section and in your photos. Eighty-three percent of pros hired on Thumbtack include at least one picture highlighting their work. Learn more about creating a compelling profile that gets you hired.
Get more reviews.
Reviews are often the biggest influence on a customer’s hiring decision—a great review gives you credibility. To get hired more often, ask for reviews from satisfied past customers who hired you both on and off Thumbtack. Eighty-five percent of the pros hired on Thumbtack have at least 1 review. Learn more about building your reviews.
Send winning responses.
When you get a message back from a customer, it’s your chance to follow up quickly and show them you’re right for the job. Here are some tips from successful pros:
- Pay attention to the customer’s response. Address their questions and ideas, and offer personalized suggestions for their project.
- Show you understand their needs. Review the customer’s original request. If any details weren’t covered by your Instant Match message, be sure to mention them in your response.
- Suggest next steps. Recommend how to move forward. Let them know you’re available for 15 or 30 minutes to answer questions and consider offering a free consultation.
Offer competitive prices.
Wondering how your prices compare to other pros’? Here are two ways to find out.
- Go to your Insights report and select a service. On the full report, you’ll see an average quote price section. There, you can see how your prices compare to the average in your market.
- Open a sent quote and select “View Insights.” There, you can see the quoted prices of other pros who were matched with this customer. See how yours compares.
Keep in mind, you can always review and adjust your prices. Simply go to your Services tab and select a service. Then select “Edit Instant Match settings.” Find the job type you’d like to update, and select “Edit.” There, you can update your prices.
Did you know you can check your quoted prices sent by Instant Match? Here’s how:
- Preview your quotes: Go to your Services tab and select a service. Then select “Edit Instant Match settings.” Find the job type you’d like to check, and select “Preview.” Then, you’ll see example request from customers along with your price. Something look off? Edit your prices.
Review quotes sent by Instant Match: Go to the Sent tab of your Inbox. Then select the quotes with the lightning bolt icon. Do the prices look ok? If so, edit your prices.